Sunday 14 July 2013

Really Rhubarb Muffins



 My Really Rhubarb Experiment (click here for more details) 
has inspired me to create my own muffin recipe! 

I have A TON of rhubarb.  All the recipes I found didn't use very much rhubarb at all.  Maybe only half a cup!  I needed a recipe that would use two cups or more!!!  I couldn't find one, so I made one.  I hope you enjoy!

Rhubarb Muffins
Yield 12 muffins; Bake at 400F for 18-20 minutes

Ingredients
2 c minced rhubarb (click here for tips to easily mince rhubarb)
1/2 c sugar

1 c all purpose flour
1 c whole wheat flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 c sugar
1/2 tsp salt

1 egg
1/2 cup milk (lactose free)
1/3 c grape seed oil

Here's how it's done:

1. Combine minced rhubarb and 1/2 c sugar in a small bowl and set aside.


Sugared Rhubarb
 2. Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.


Whisking
 3. Whisk together egg, milk and oil.  
Add wet mixture and rhubarb mixture to the dry ingredients. 
 Fold in all ingredients until combined.

Folding until combined

4. Line 12 muffin tray cups.  Divide batter among the lined cups.
 Bake at 400F for 18-20 minutes.
  

Cool and eat!!


No comments:

Post a Comment