Tuesday 2 July 2013

Really Rhubarb Cupcakes

The recipe I created is sweet and easy.
It was the next recipe because I had all the ingredients on hand.  Ha!
It seems more often than not I am simply inspired by the ingredients I have in my cupboards.

I created the recipe after being inspired by a Pinterest pin (click here to view)
After creating the original recipe my husband commented on how sweet they were.
 He thought I'd made cupcakes not muffins.
So I modified it from a muffin into a deliciously sweet cupcakes!


Rhubarb Cupcakes     
Yield 12 muffins;  Bake at 400F for 20 minutes

Ingredients
1 3/4 c flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 c sugar
3/4 tsp salt

1 egg lightly beaten
3/4 c milk (lactose free)
1/3 c grape seed oil

1/2 c sugar
1 1/4 c  minced rhubarb

Here's how it's done:

 1. Combine 1/2 c of the sugar and with the minced rhubarb 
 in a small bowl (think cereal sized).


Click this link for tips on how to easily mince rhubarb.

2. Mix remaining dry ingredients together in a large bowl with a fork.


3. Whisk together egg, milk and oil in a medium bowl.
Add wet ingredient to dry and mix with fork until just combined. 
Fold in sugared rhubarb (created in step 1).

Batter after "just combined"
4. Divide batter among 12 paper lined muffin cups of a dark muffin tin.


5. Bake at 400F for 20-25 minutes or until golden.


Simply Delicious!
 Simply Sweet!
 And Simply Made.





No comments:

Post a Comment